Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hope's Starting Point

This is a very hard post to write.  I guess that I have been in denial for awhile now about how large I really am.  Today is the day that I am letting it all out.  I had my husband take pictures of me so that I could remember where I started.  I was shocked when I actually looked at them.  Truth be told, they made me want to cry.  I hate to have my picture taken, but hopefully, a few months from now, that will all change. 
I have also been contemplating putting my actual weight on the blog.  After viewing my pictures, it's hard for me to believe that anyone would not think that I weigh as much as I do.  It's really not about the number anyway, so I will go ahead and post it.  When I weighed myself, Wednesday morning, I weighed a whopping 201 pounds!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would ever weigh that much, but it's true.  I can't change the past, but I can change the future.  Since weighing myself on Wednesday, I have lost 2 and a half pounds, so I now weigh in at 198.8.  My long term goal is to weigh between 130 and 150 pounds. 
I will post my pictures weekly and hope to see some slimming along the way.  It will probably take a few weeks to notice any kind of change, so I am trying to be patient.  I keep telling myself: I CAN DO IT! and I WILL DO IT

Starting Photos ~ February 20, 2011 ~ 198.8 lbs.


Here comes the really scary one...
(I'm not pregnant, in case you were wondering)...

I'm not proud of the photos, but sometimes I need to be reminded of the severity of the issue.  At least, now, I am doing something about it!  I will take photos every Wednesday, and post them every Thursday, along with my weight. 

I'm off to exercise now....those photos were a HUGE reality check! (Get it?...HUGE)
~Hope

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by you posting these pictures! I was afraid to post mine, but you have given me the courage to go ahead and post them. Thanks for being such an encouragement!

Tiffany said...

You have a huge amount of courage! I will be here to support you both along the way!

Peggy said...

Proud of you both! It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there like this... You have inspiredme to stay on track! Are you doing weight watchers online only or going to meetings also?

Hope & Crystal said...

Tiffany, Thank you so much for supporting us. It means a lot.
Peggy, we hoped to inspire each other, and are happy to inspire others along the way. Crystal goes to meetings, but I just follow the program online.
Crystal, I am happy that we have each other!
~Hope