Friday, July 1, 2011

****WARNING!! EPIC FAIL!!!****

I feel like the last two months have been an epic fail!  I will admit to my failures and admit that I haven't been a good girl.  I haven't been staying on track.  I haven't been tracking my food.  I haven't been exercising.  I haven't been taking care of myself.  I haven't been doing what I need to be doing to succeed.

EPIC FAIL!!

I'm not sure what's been going on.  It may be a lack of motivation.  It's definitely a lack of self control.  I've been on a downward spiral with the food and exercise.  You could say I've fallen off the wagon.  I start out with the best of intentions and something trips me up or I get too down on myself if I make a mistake. 

For the past few months I have been on a pattern of weighing in on Thursday and then thinking that Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are just free days.  Then I start to feel guilty and start tracking and trying to do better on Monday. 

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a treat or even with having a bad day every now and then.  It seems like I've been having a bad two months. 

I'm not sure what the reasoning behind all of this is, but I am determined to figure it out. 

Maybe it's true what they say about the lazy days of summer.  I've been trying to keep the kids busy and keep them involved in activities, but maybe in doing that I've forgotten to take care of myself.

I'm going to make a promise to those of you that read this blog and to myself that I am going to make more of an effort to stay on the right path.  I may stray off and venture away to smell the roses or get distracted along the way, but I'm going to take it meal by meal, day by day.

I need to get back the motivation I had when Hope and I started this blog!  Can someone tell me where to find it?
~Crystal

6 comments:

corrie said...

Crystal you haven't failed..Say it to yourself...."I HAVE NOT FAILED" This is the motivation police here, Now I'll come over and we will throw out the junk food, and then you can try to help me with mine. I'm a jood junkie. Corrie:)

corrie said...

LOL. Major typo....I'm a junk food junkie!!!

Anonymous said...

OK Chic...If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right!! I have lost the same 20 pounds at least 5 times and it is not fun!I have learned that I need to by satisified in losing 1/2 pound every week and it can be done with exercising moderately 20 minutes a day, trying to keep my meals at 400 calories and by making sure when I choose to eat junk, to drink a glass of water first....because water is not my favorite and if I have to drink the water first, I usually decide the junk's not worth it and if it is, I usually don't overeat because my stomach is already "watered down".

I'm so glad you are proud of your "stick a butter" or 1/4 weight losses.....I mean really, how often in the past 10 years can you say I lost 13 lbs this year????? and it seems like you can normally pull a 1/2 pound...so change the 13 to 26 lbs!

So now is the time to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and be proud of the good choices you make everyday and eveyday try to make yourself proud...Keep on truckin' girl...you can be successful!!
Erika : )

Hope & Crystal said...

Corrie, I might need you to be the junk food police!

Erika, thanks for that! I really needed someone to snap me out of my mindset! I love the way you put things into perspective! Thanks so much!
~Crystal

Anonymous said...

I know you will be successful!!...
a little "flub" doesn't mean your whole day is shot...give yourself permission to make good choices even after you eat something that may not have been the best choice.
PS Your smoothie is pretty good!! Erika H

stacy said...

You are so not alone in this way of thinking! I do the same thing. The important thing though is that we stick with it. We CAN do this!!!