Sunday, July 31, 2011

My daughter's 1st triathlon

I'm so glad that my family is active and sees me become more active and now they want to do even more to be active.  I had signed Shara-Lyn up for a kids triathlon for while my husband and son were in Canada on a fishing trip.  She was so nervous the night before and didn't sleep very well and was up with the alarm the morning of the triathlon.  The event consisted of a 100 yard swim, 3 mile bike ride which consisted of a huge hill on one end of the park, and a 1 mile run. 
She was the first to sign in so she got #1 
Her transition area all set up 
Struggling in the pool 
Changing at the transition area  
Smiling after the first lap 
Still smiling
Last lap on the bike 
Here she comes
She skipped across the finish line! 
She was so hot and worn out! 
Here she is soaked with her finishers medal
So proud of her!

She really struggled with the swimming portion of the event, but made up the time on the bike.  She passed 7-10 kids that got out of the pool before she did while she was on the bike.  I timed her as soon as she got in the pool and her time was 39 minutes.  That is so great!  She's already talking about doing it again next year.
~Crystal

2 comments:

Hope said...

Soooo cute! I love her enthusiasm!

stacy said...

She looks so happy! Good for her, she did an awesome job!