Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brooks shoes

I always like it when people review things so I know whether they are good or not.  Today I'm giving my opinion, and that's all it is, my opinion.  I'm no expert on shoes, but I'm just giving you my experience with what works for me. 

One thing you have to know if you're going to do any kind of exercise is you have to have a good pair of shoes that fit well and that feel good while you're doing any activity.  A good pair of shoes is key.

I first purchased a pair of Brooks running shoes in 2008 before our trip to Disney World.  They saw some miles during that trip...at least 50 miles were walked in 8 days.  They held up so well and supported my heavy body.  My feet only hurt the last day of our trip, but I think that was more of the weight on them for the whole week and not the quality of the shoes. 

I love my Brooks shoes for the simple fact that they offer so much support and stability.  I have tried many other shoes and I feel that Brooks are the best for me. 

I purchased my second pair of Brooks shoes back in April just before the first 5K I did.  My first pair were worn out and had so many miles on them I knew it was time to get a new pair. 
I loved the feel of them, but I noticed that the top of my foot was going numb when I was walking and then the numbness worked it way up my leg.  Well, come to find out I really needed a wide width and didn't know it. 

Let me tell you, it pays to go to a local store that has people in it that know how to measure and size you.  I went to our local sports store and took my shoes in and immediately the lady knew that my shoes were too tight in the toes leading to the constriction of my toes thus the numbness.  So, I purchased a new pair of Brooks shoes.  They are that good!  I love my Brooks and the next time I need shoes I will definately make sure that I get sized properly to avoid buying shoes that don't fit properly. 
My newest pair that fit great!
Again, this is just my opinion, but maybe it helps you with something you've been struggling with.
~Crystal

Disclaimer:  I was in NO way compensated for this post.  I purchased these shoes myself and am giving you my unbiased opinion on these shoes.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Local resource info please!
E

Anonymous said...

Pacesetter Sports
They are so good about making sure you get the right fit. But find out what shoe to get, the exact model and size and then look online. They are pretty high in price on their shoes.

Pamela said...

Absolutely agree with getting fitted at a local running store. They know what they are talking about and usually are not that much more expensive (sometimes less) than your local Shoe Carnival, etc. Plus, you get one-on-one, gait analysis, and tips from seasoned runners. A good pair of shoes is worth every penny (hundred).... :)