Friday, July 15, 2011

Non weight loss related post

Okay, so this has nothing to do with weight loss and has a little to do with me bragging on my daughter a little bit.  I posted earlier about the kids participating in a running clinic and training for a one mile run.  A few days after the Fast Track Mile was the last day of the running clinic and they had a party for the kids that participated in the clinic.  They also gave every kid a stop watch so they could time themselves.  During the party they gave three special medals to one child from each age category.  When they got to the category that Noah and Shara-Lyn were in the instructor was talking about how this person had never missed, was very dedicated, was encouraging to others and always had a smile on her face.  It never crossed my mind that she was even talking about Shara-Lyn until she said her name.  I was shocked and so was Shara!  Running is something that I never thought she would like, but she thoroughly enjoyed it! 
Shara with her instructor Kim
Shara-Lyn with her first medal
The back of it says "Heart & Sole"
Very fitting, she truly did have heart and soul when it came to running.
BTW, she is doing her first triathlon a week from tomorrow.  She is so excited and the only question she had was if I was going to be there to take pictures!  I'm so proud of her!
~Crystal

2 comments:

stacy said...

Good for Shara-Lyn! You have every right to be proud of her. I'm so happy she has found an activity that she likes and has benefits for a healthy lifestyle. WTG Shara!

Elizabeth said...

Bravo!!!!