Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breaking bad habits

I was talking with a friend of mine on the phone yesterday and I was telling her about the positive changes I've been making.  I guess you could say I was bragging on myself a little bit.  Any change at this point is positive change and I am breaking habits that have become bad...to me.
I used to have 3 Tbsp of creamer (3 points) in my coffee.  I don't know why I thought I needed that much, but I did.  Now I'm down to 1 Tbsp of creamer for 1 point.  Why was I "wasting" those other 2 points by drinking them when I could be eating something?
I have had a long time obsession with Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi...anything diet, but I prefer Diet Coke.  It has been a weakness of mine.  I would crave it...and in turn it would make me crave sweets.  I can't say the craving for sweets has went away as evidenced by Monday's episode, but it is diminished severely. 
I can't say my go-to snack has EVER been fruits and veggies.  But this week I vowed to change that and make fruits and veggies (since they are 0 points) a bigger part of my diet.  I can say for this whole week I HAVE been able to get in at least 5 (sometimes more) servings of fruits and veggies.

So, there you have it.  They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit.  Here's to the first 7!!!
~Crystal

1 comment:

Hope said...

Crystal- You have been doing a better job of getting in your fruits and vegetables than I have. I am trying harder. (I just ate an apple!)