Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hope's Weigh In ~ Feb. 24, 2010

I was hoping to have my weekly pictures to add to this post, but it has been a very hectic week for the Masseys, so I will have to post them tomorrow.  Since Friday, I have been following my online Weight Watchers program.  I love it!  It really helps me stay on top of my eating habits since I have to log everything into my points tracker.  As I stated in an earlier post, I get 29 points per day, and an extra 49 points per week.  I also track my activity on the activity tracker.  I can plug in any exercise I do and the calculator will assign points to it.  I can choose to either cash in the points for extra food, or just leave them unused.  To date, I have not cashed any in.  (Yay me!)  I am learning to love my treadmill, and now feel guilty if I don't use it twice a day.  I can choose different weight loss programs on it that make the walking interesting.  The speed and/or incline change every minute, so it is not so monotonous.  I don't have a TV near it, (which I would LOVE), but I do listen to music.  It really helps the time to go by faster.  Some of you may not know that I have four kids.  Two of them stay home with me during the day, and because they are only 13 months and 2 and a half years old, I have to get my activity in during nap time in the afternoons, or after they go to bed at night.  It makes it a little difficult, but I am trying to stay true to achieving my dream of being a healthier, more active mom. 

Last week, I did not use any of the 49 "extra" points that I am allowed, and I did not cash in any of the 20 activity points that I had earned.  I exercised every day, and on Sunday, I walked the treadmill twice AND walked the subdivision with a friend/neighbor.  The entire subdivision is about a mile and a half. 

Now to the good stuff!  I began last week weighing 201 pounds, and I got down to 198.8 a couple of days later.  Well, I am still at 198.8, but I feel a lot better!  I wore my black dress pants to Indianapolis today, and they were really loose in the waist.  Unlike Crystal, (who I am so proud of!), I did not take initial measurements, but I hope to do that this week.  Even though I didn't have a drastic loss this week, I know that  the end result will come if I continue to exercise and watch my diet.  I am determined to do this, and I will succeed!  It also doesn't hurt to tell myself that "Nothing tastes as good, and looking great feels!"
~Hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're doing it! We have finished week 1 of the rest of our lives! We can do this!! From here the lbs are going to melt away!! Congrats on the pants fitting better and great job on resisting those french fries!!