Thursday, February 24, 2011

WEIGH IN DAY!!!!! {Crystal}

Well, today was the first weigh in day of this new renewed journey.  I have to say I was nervous.  I had been getting on the scale and wasn't seeing any movement.  Which concerned me since I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing.  I always wear the same skirt (size 20) to weigh in because it's light...well it was in the dirty clothes and I have another one just like it only the next size smaller (size 18).  When I put it on and zipped it up I could tell it wasn't as tight.  So, I went to my weekly WW meeting this morning.  Of course I was running late like I usually am.  I weighed in and just went in not even looking at my weight log book until I sat down.  The meeting had already started and I looked to see what my weight was.  It was the same as last week...246.2...0 lost...I felt defeated.  At the beginning of the meeting my leader always has you share if you've done something good for the week that you deserve a "Bravo" sticker for.  I said how can I do everything right and follow program so religiously and not see any movement.  We talked after the meeting and she said that I was doing everything right and that she was so proud of me for making the decision to really get motivated and DO IT this time.  You have to understand my WW leader has been such a constant support for me the last 10 years.  She's been there and she knows me and my mindset pretty well by now.  We had a great talk and I felt so much better after talking to her.  So, Elizabeth if you are reading this...thank you for being such a wonderful leader and letting me cry so much!! 

Anyway...I had been taken my measurements last week so when I came home I measured myself.  I lost a total of 8"...8" PEOPLE!!!  I was shocked to say the least!  I lost 3" in my chest...1.5" in my hips...2.5" in my waist...1/2" in my arms and 1/2" in my calves
I was so excited!  What is better pounds lost or inches?  This week I'm favoring the side of the inches.  Especially since my skirt is fitting so much better.  I will admit that I was looking for pounds lost, but I am SO happy with the inches lost and praying they stay away for good!!!
~Crystal
P.S.  I am getting rid of the scale in the house because it is making me crazy.  I am wanting to check my weight every day and I can't do that because it's messing with me mentally.  I'm just going to stick with the once a week and whatever it is, it is.

4 comments:

Hope said...

I think inches mean more than pounds. I also think that how you "feel" is the most important. If you feel good about what you are doing, then you will be happy. I LOVE the fact that you lost 8 inches! That is an accomplishment, and one you can be proud of! Way to go!

Peggy said...

I agree with having scales at home!! I want to weigh myself everyday and it is playing mind games with me!!!

Elizabeth said...

I came home tonight after doing my meeting in Clinton and the first thing I did was look up your blog. As we talked about today, there are so many ways of measuring our success...weight and inches removed, clothing sizes, tracking especially when we don't want to, making better choices, etc.... however #1 (hope is right) is how we feel about ourselves. Success is not just a number on a scale. Now I am going to read the rest of your blog. You got me going on my smart phone you may make a blogger out of me yet!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hope for encouraging me this week! I couldn't have done it without you!

Peggy I think my scale is going to find a home in the garage!

Thanks Elizabeth for always being a support to me for all these years!!