Sunday, February 20, 2011

I hope I don't regret doing this...Crystal's starting point

Seeing Hope's post with her before pictures really got me thinking about posting mine.  I really didn't want to...I hate to have my picture taken too...I'm always the one behind the camera taking the pictures, but if I don't then what is the point of this blog?  We are here to inspire people and be real with ourselves and others.  I need to get real and just put it all out there.  I wasn't going to post my weight at all, but like Hope said how can you look at me and not realize how heavy I am.  So, here it is...the big number that I am so ashamed of...this is what I weighed in at Weight Watchers on Thursday, 2/17/11...246.2 lbs

Oh, my!  It's out there now.  I feel so ashamed of myself for letting my weight get that high.  I wasn't even that big when I was was pregnant with either one of my children!  I have to get a grip on this before that number goes any higher.  Like Hope I want to cry about this number, but if I sit here and feel sorry for myself what good does that do?  NONE!!  It's time to do something about it.  That's why we started this blog. 

So here it is...my starting point pictures.  I had these taken today and like Hope will take them once a week to show my progress.  I'll have them taken on Thursday since that is my weigh in day.  I look forward to seeing changes in myself and in Hope.  We are supporting each other and we know that we have a long road ahead of us, but we know we CAN and WILL do this!!
Pictures taken February 20, 2011
This one isn't so bad
This is the one that I do not like...I have to work on that area in the mid section
So, there it is...it's all out there.  I'm feeling very exposed right now and raw...please don't judge me...especially my friends.  It's just a number and I look forward to these pictures getting better and better every week...month...year.

8 comments:

Hope said...

We did it! We put it all out there. There's no going back now. We are going to look ahead and see the improvements week by week. I know that you were scared to put your number out there, and so was I. But, I kind of feel liberated now. We have nothing to hide, so here we go! I am so proud of all that you are doing. Keep it up!
**Your pictures are not as bad as you think. :)

Anonymous said...

It is scary and liberating all at the same time!! Thanks! I am proud of you too!! We're doing great!! We've taken control and we know where we don't want to be EVER again!

Monica KLemm said...

She believed she could and so she did!!

Tiffany said...

I am so proud of you both!!! This must be taking so much will power! If you can do it, maybe I can too!

Peggy said...

Great job!! You are helping me to stay on track! Do you go to monthly meetings or just online?

Anonymous said...

Monica, thank you for posting that quote. I think we'll use it for the shirts we're having made.

Tiffany, thank you so much! It is taking a lot of will power, but it is going to be worth it.

Peggy, thank you! I go to weekly meetings as well as track online. I like the meetings and find that it helps keep me accountable.

Anonymous said...

Crystal,

Really enjoying you and Hope's blog. You are taking control and will be inspiring others as well. Looking forward to the weekly updates. Putting yourself "out there" is scary, but people can relate to someone that is "real." You do so much for others, sometimes putting yourself first just has to be done...so take it from me...don't feel guilty for it. :)
Carrie D.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Carrie! I hope to be inspiring as well as tell when I have those bad days. It is scary to put myself out there. Thanks for the support.