Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hope's Goals

Some of you might be wondering what my specific goals are, so I have decided to list them for you. 

Short Term Goals:
  • Lose at least 2 pounds per week, 10 pounds per month
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
  • Modify my diet to exclude fried, fatty foods and sweets
  • Drink more water (which I hate)
Long Term Goals:
  • Lose 60-70 pounds total, 40 pounds of it by my 40th birthday (YIKES!)
  • Exercise at least 60 minutes daily
  • Run a 5K by the time I'm 40 (July 4th)
  • Kick the diet Coke habit!
  • Have a family photo taken this summer.  We haven't had one taken for over seven years!
  • Set a good example for my kids
  • Participate in local 5K runs year round
  • Live a healthy/active lifestyle
  • ENJOY LIFE!
Long...Long...Long Term Goal:
  • Run a mini marathon!
I have never been a runner.  In fact, my dad was my softball coach growing up, and used to throw tennis balls at me while I was running to encourage me to run faster.  It sounds harsh, I know, but he wasn't really mean about it.  The truth of the matter, though, is that it didn't work, it just made me scared of getting hit by the balls as I was running.  Nice try, Dad!

I have my eyes on the prize and am ready to check off my list, one goal at a time!

~ Hope

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great goals Hope! We can do it if we just stick to it! I'm looking forward to comparing next month's picture with this month's picture.

Mirien said...

I remember having your dad as our softball coach in elementary school! I thought he was great--probably because he never threw tennis balls at me. :)
I think this blog is a great idea--I love before and after stories! I have also committed to reach my goal weight by my 40th this year. We can do it!

Hope & Crystal said...

Mirien,
Thanks for checking out our blog. I hope to have a great "after" story. We WILL be 40 & FABULOUS! Good luck on getting to your goal weight!
~Hope

Mom said...

Hey girls, you are doing awesome!!! And my yes, I can tell from your pictures after one week. Take it from me,lost 30 lbs a couple years ago doing WW & walking, & after slipping big time, I am up on the horse again, thanks to you both. I started Feb 22, 2011 & to date today have lost & kept off around 6 1lbs. Haven't done any extra excersise as I hae been sick, but plan to very soon! Drinking my water so much now that I don't even hardly (I said hardly didn't I?)think about pop....um maybe alittle I do. But my intake of that has decreased majorly!! Thanks for your blog & keep up the great work your doing!!

Hope said...

Kim, thanks for your encouraging words. I'm so happy that you were inspired to get back out there and try it again. You can do anything when you put your mind to it. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Kim, so glad you were inspired! I am still shocked that peope are reading our blog and are encouraged. Your kind words keep us doing what we're doing. Keep up the good work! Thanks for joining us on our journey!