Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goose Poop 5K Challenge

Just so you don't think I've been completely lazy during the non-blogging months I wanted to post about a race/obstacle course a friend of mine and I did back the first weekend in November.  It was the inaugural Goose Poop 5K Challenge, named for the amount of goose poop that you can find in the park where the event was being held.  It was a 3.1 mile course that went through Hawthorne Park and included various degrees of hills on the trails of the parks and on the course there were obstacles to go through/over/under or if you couldn't or didn't want to, you could go around them.  There were rubber bands stretched across two trees to go through/over/under, there were tubes to crawl through, there were straw bales to jump over, there was even two cars that you had to climb up and over, there was fire to jump over and at the end there was a barrel maze ending in a crawl through cardboard boxes.  It was a challenge and while I can't say I had the greatest finish time I had a great time with a great friend.
My friend Shannon and I 
Climbing over two cars with the help of the ISU men's basketball team
On the course 
One of the rows of fire we had to jump over
Walking the course 
The end of the course
Shannon and I with our medals
Me with a goose (fake)
With my medal
This was a difficult course/race, but I was glad to have finished with a great friend and I can't wait to do it again next year and hopefully get a better time!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm all up for doing it again!! Keep me motivated on your blog bc I'm starting the diet again today. Got a little off course over the holidays.

stacy said...

This looks like so much fun! I walked my dogs after the event (this is where we usually walk) and thought how great it would've been to participate. I'm glad you did and had a good time too! Who knows maybe next year I will...we'll see.