Monday, January 16, 2012

Working out is hard to do!

If exercise was easy, everyone would do it...right?  Well, when you have about 50% fat and you are about 100 lbs overweight working out isn't the easiest thing in the world.  So, back in November I got a gym membership to Anytime Fitness and started working out with a trainer for six months to get me a jump start on getting in shape. I have to say I do feel stronger.  There are some days where it would be so easy to send a text and say I can't make it, but that would be a cop out and I'm committed to at least 6 months of doing this.

Meet my trainer, Jason.
He goes to my church and is very motivating and makes me feel
guilty about what I eat/do as far as losing the weight goes. 
After working out...seriously tired/sweaty/gross
He pushes me and has made me do things I didn't think I could ever do, like boxing.
Notice my beat red face
While I can't do this for long periods of time I'm glad he pushes me to try.

As I was writing this I realized I haven't been totally 100% following what he says for me to do.  And while I have noticed I'm stronger than I used to be and am toning.  I NEED to get with it now and get totally focused on these workouts and give them my all.  I NEED to do that in every aspect of this process.  Although I feel self conscious and like the fat chick in the gym, I need to set all that aside and think of where I could be besides the gym.  I'm trying to make a difference in myself and make time for myself and if I get stared at or looked down upon so be it, at least I'm trying.
~Crystal

1 comment:

stacy said...

Good for you Crystal! Remember, it's not about what others think; it's how you feel that matters. I'm so proud of you!