Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fall Classic

Another event we did as a family was the Fall Classic.  It is a 1 mile fun run/walk and a 10K.  Needless to say Craig was signed up for the 10K and the kids and I did the 1 mile.  Again, it was at Hawthorne Park, which is very hilly and a lot of trails.  The kids did great!  I did okay and Craig was about to pass out by the end, but he did wonderful!
Noah and Shara-Lyn before the 1 mile 
And they're off 
And I'm off 
Good finish for Noah 
With Shara-Lyn not too far behind 
And me lagging behind 
There goes Craig for his 10K 
Lap one complete 
Now on to the trail running 
More trail running along the water 
Great finish time!
Our family

I can honestly say a year ago I never would have guessed that we would be participating in these events together.  I would have stood on the sidelines and just took the photos.  It feels good to participate too, even if I don't get the best times.  Just that I'm out there doing it is all that matters!
~Crystal

1 comment:

stacy said...

Awesome job everyone, congrats to you all!