Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not giving up...not quitting

Okay, I need to have a pity party for a minute!  Over the course of the month of May I have felt like such a failure and such a disappointment.  Yes, May started out wonderful in the fact that I was able to do my first official 5K and I finished in a reasonable time, but since then and since the other two 5Ks that I did this month has been terrible.  Hope said it so well, her post could have been mine.  I haven't exercised other than the 5Ks, I haven't ate well (at all), I haven't tracked, I've only weighed in once!  What is wrong with me!  I know what to do and I had been doing it.  I guess you get burnt out and you just need a break.  I was reading Ben's blog and he said this:

"We’re going to need those months where
we enjoy life and we don’t concern ourselves
with every single thing we are doing “wrong.”
Yes, we have to stay committed and focused,
but for god’s sake, we will go insane and
probably fall off completely if we don’t have
some reasonable debauchery every now and then."

I read this and it was like a light bulb went off!  We are going to have those "off" days/weeks/months and we can't beat ourselves up over it.  We just have to pick ourselves up and go on.  Don't totally ignore the fact that we've really screwed up the last few days/weeks/months, but take it as a learning experience and move on from it.  I'm taking this day, June 1st, as a new and fresh start to this journey.  I'm going to do like Hope said, more posting and really track what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising.  Thanks for sticking with us for this commercial break and I hope that we're back to our regularly scheduled programming!
~Crystal

1 comment:

Hope said...

I am cracking up over your last sentence! Haha! Well said! Oh, and.....BRING IT, JUNE!!