Sunday, June 5, 2011

Running the Road

Well, I have started running on the road instead of running on my treadmill.   There is something about seeing that you are actually going somewhere that makes the time pass by more quickly for me.  I also feel that it is better preparing me for running 5Ks.  As of right now, I have only been running in my subdivision, but if I get better at it, I may venture out into some hilly terrain.  I would love to be able to run without restrictions.  I am trying to get used to the heat and humidity, but not faring so well.  I sweat more than anyone I know, and believe me, I am not exaggerating!  Tonight, I waited until 9:00 to run so the sun wouldn't be beating down on me.  I ran 2.6 miles in 29:49.   Maybe I'll run 5K tomorrow!  We shall see! ~Hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I'm proud of you! Now can you talk some sense into me?