Monday, June 6, 2011

Exercise regimen

I have to say exercise to me is like a bad word.  I know people say that you should look at this time as your time and that it should be viewed as "fun".  HA!  When you are this big exercise is not fun!  I keep waiting for it to be fun or even enjoyable, but I'm just laying it all out there...IT'S NOT!  I hope to one day be at that point, but I'm not right now.  But I do have to change how I view exercise and the frequency with which I exercise.

{Okay, time for a confession.  I have done little to no exercise since the day I did the two 5Ks in one day.  I think the only think I've done since then was going one day to Zumba and I don't even think I gave my all on that day.}

So, I'm going to tackle this challenge one day/week at a time.  I've made myself a schedule and I hope to stick to it.  I'm mixing it up a little and not doing the same thing day in and day out.  This is just what works for me now in this moment.

Monday, June 6th
____C25K Week 1 Day 1
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.  Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.  Five-minute cool down walk.
____3-4 mile bike ride
____100 sit-ups

Tuesday, June 7th
____Swimming
____100 sit-ups

Wednesday, June 8th
____Zumba 60 minutes
____100 sit-ups

Thursday, June 9th
____C25K Week 1 Day 2
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.  Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.  Five-minute cool down walk.
____3-4 mile bike ride
____Swimming (?)
____100 sit-ups

Friday, June 10th
____C25K Week 1 Day 3
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.  Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.  Five-minute cool down walk.
____3-4 mile bike ride
____Swimming (?)
____100 sit-ups

Saturday, June 11th
____Zumba 60 minutes
____100 sit-ups

Sunday
____3-4 mile bike ride
____100 sit-ups
Or Day off

Okay, another problem I have is focusing on one aspect of this weight loss journey.  I hyper focus all or nothing on either the eating or the exercise, but never the two things at the same time.  This week I'm going to try and do both things combined.  What a concept!  I'll be posting my progress next week to see if I was able to check all of these off of my list.
~Crystal

1 comment:

Hope said...

Great plan, Crystal. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it!