Thursday, June 9, 2011

Light reading

I'm sitting here at the hair salon having some "me" time getting my hair conditioned and reading a book that I'm going to tell you more about later. But this is how I know this book is for me. There's a paragraph that says, "This book is for all you women who know you're too nice, who recognize somewhere deep inside that overdoing for others leaves nothing for you, who don't get why you can't stop eating when you're not hungry, who feel the need to apologize for any particle of your being that isn't wholesome and angelic, who take care of others with love and take care of yourself with food, who work too hard on being perfect, live to please others, think no and say yes, and have to make things right for everyone." I will review this book as soon as I'm finished, but I like where it's going already. I totally do exactly what this says. I'm a yes person, but thinking why did I just say yes to that. Take care of myself with food, I do that. Overdoing for others while not doing for myself, I do that too. Other than being here at the salon, which by the way I've rescheduled twice because I was either called to sub at school or volunteered for something at school (which I love to do), I don't do for myself. My time is spent being a Cub Scout leader, Girl Scout leader, I volunteer at school (which, again, I love to do) and all the other duties that come from being a mom. I've lost myself and the ability to take care of myself. Hopefully at the end of this book I'll get some clarity on where I'm going wrong.
~Crystal


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Pamela said...

You've always been too nice! :) I was always the one to counteract that, wasn't I?! I was definitely not the yes person. I did what I wanted when I wanted... lol Even though I'm a mom (and the kids come first), I've now realized that I, too, can have a life that I enjoy w/o sacrificing their happiness. I find that when I exercise & take care of myself, I'm a happier, more energetic person, and a better mother. You are on a great self-discovery journey & I hope you continue to gain strength and realize how great you are & how much you deserve!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pamela! I wish I had found this book earlier! It has opened my eyes to the fact that I need to stand up for myself, say no and be a little selfish sometimes.