Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hope's Activity 6/7/11

I feel great!  I got up and took the kids to school and then came home to walk/jog a 5K.  My right hip has been giving me problems since the day that I ran 4 miles, so I started out walking.  Once I got warmed up, I could walk faster, and then eventually run without the pain.  It's the strangest thing!  I can go from a painful walk, to running comfortably after moving for awhile.  However, once I get home and sit down for a bit, then try to get up, my hip is really stiff and painful again.  Must be old age!  Anyhoo, I am well on my way to earning the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award!
~Hope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to go to Pacesetters and take your shoes and have them look at you while you walk/run. I did this yesterday because I was having trouble with numbness in my left foot and hip and come to find out my shoes were too narrow and I needed a wide width. I can tell a difference already.

Pamela said...

Hope, I had a similar issue when I was training for my first half. I found that it was weak piriformis muscles and/or strain. Here is a link to a youtube video stretch that has virtually relieved my hip pain. Give it a try for about 20-30 seconds each side, 2-3 times, before and after your run. Do it for at least 2 weeks consistently. If it doesn't help, you'll know it is something else, but like I said, it has completely cured my pain.

http://youtu.be/tFtUgS69rPk (starting at 2:15).

Hope it helps!