Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gina's Skinny Recipes

I have been really worried about cooking dinners that my family will enjoy without killing my Weight Watchers points. I had come to grips with the fact that I was going to have to make a dinner for myself (probably chicken), and then prepare an entirely separate dish for the rest of the family.  Well, Crystal came to the rescue when she shared a site that she had discovered.  It's called Gina's Skinny Recipes, and it has been a life saver!  Gina provides a plethora of recipes including everything from appetizers, to main courses, to desserts!  The best part is that she has already calculated the Weight Watcher's points for you.  All you have to do is follow the recipe, eat the serving size, and then log in your points.  How simple is that?!  I absolutely LOVE it! 
On Sunday, I made the Petite Turkey Meatloaves.  I followed Gina's recipe, but when it came time to divide the mixture into four mini loaves, I divided it into five patties instead.  The meatloaves were 5 points apiece, so I calculated that the patties were only 4 points each.  Everyone in the family enjoyed their meal, and I was happy that we were all eating the same thing.  I think Gina's site will help me avoid burnout by providing me with delicious, healthy alternatives to just plain chicken.
Here is what I ate for dinner:

Meal Breakdown:
1 Turkey Burger ~ 4 pts
1 Healthy Life Whole Grain Sandwich Bun ~ 3 pts
8 Kroger Sweet Potato Crinkle Cut Fries ~ 2 pts
Total Points ~ 9

It was a pretty filling meal.  For Gina's Petite Turkey Meatloaves recipe, click here
You won't be disappointed!

~Hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great meal. I was on there last night trying to make a list of things that we all could eat. I'm so glad you liked it! I'm going to try these.