Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hope~ Downsizing!

As of this morning, I only had two pairs of jeans.  I know that it sounds ridiculous, but when you have four kids, and you're overweight, buying new clothes for yourself is not a priority.  This afternoon, I took my son Carter shopping for some jeans, because the way he rough houses all the time, most of his have holes in the knees.  Since we were already shopping, I decided to try on some jeans.  I didn't have high expectations because for the past couple of years here is how my clothes shopping has gone:
  1. Find lots of items that I like and take them to the dressing room.
  2. Glance in the mirror and think that I always look fatter in the store mirrors than I do at home.
  3. Try on each item only to find that it doesn't fit the way that it should, or that I can't even get it on at all.
  4. Leave the dressing room feeling discouraged and disgusted, and wondering if it's possible to win the lottery to be able to afford liposuction.
So, as I walked into the dressing room with my three pairs of jeans, I was thinking, Why are you doing this to yourself?  Then, I noticed that I had grabbed a size smaller than I normally wear.  Great!  But, instead of going back out and getting my size, I tried on the first pair, and.....THEY FIT!!  I couldn't believe it.  I thought that maybe they were mistagged, so I tried on the next pair.  They fit too!  The third pair fit too!  The amazing thing was that they all fit AND they actually looked good on.  I can't tell you how happy I am to have had a positive shopping experience.  I ended up only purchasing one pair of jeans for myself, because I have high hopes of needing a smaller size next month.
~Hope

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! SO glad you were able to buy the next size down!! That's wonderful!!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful! Success isn't just a # at the scale.

Renee Paj said...

congrats on your great NSV!!!