Monday, August 8, 2011

Green Smoothie

The thought of a "green" smoothie doesn't sound to good does it, but it is.

Elizabeth, my WW leader, had this recipe to make a green smoothie.  It had yogurt in it, but I don't care at all for yogurt.  I substituted a WW Vanilla Smoothie Packet (2 PP) for the yogurt. 
I know I need a new blender!  I've had it since we got married, 13 years! 

So, here's the recipe that I use:
1 WW Vanilla Smoothie packet
1 cup of water (+ a little more if it won't mix up well)
2 cups of berries (I use strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
1/2 banana
3-4 cups of spinach
Little ice
I also add my 2 tsp of healthy oil in my smoothie (olive oil).  You can't taste it and if you wouldn't get it in any other way it is great to do it this way.

I can give you a tip that works for me, I freeze all the fruit and the spinach so that it keeps the smoothie cold and icy.  Also, don't be worried after it turns from a purplish color to brown.  It's from the berries and the spinach mixing colors together.

Here is the breakdown of the smoothie:
3 cups of spinach = 3 servings of veggies = 0 PP
2 cups of berries = 4 serving of fruit = 0 PP
1/2 banana = 1 serving of fruit = 0 PP
2 tsp olive oil = 2 PP
WW Vanilla Smoothie packet = 2 PP
4 total PP
YUMMY!!!!!
~Crystal

1 comment:

Hope said...

The finished product looks tasty, but I don't think I'm up for trying it. It's very healthy though!