Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Can't to Can

I remember as a child if I ever said the word "can't" my mom would scold me by saying, "Can't never did anything." This always stuck with me my whole life, but that didn't keep me from saying the word can't.

I can't lose weight...
I can't exercise...
I can't stay on top of tracking my food...
I can't workout that long...
I can't ride my bike that far...
I can't run that far...
I can't walk that far...
I can't

I may not be 100% back on track with everything, but yesterday I turned my can't into can. I rode my bike on Monday 5.45 miles and yesterday my friend asked me to ride with her. I was only hoping to ride one mile more than that. I started out a little sore from the day before and hoped I would loosen up as I went. I knew I couldn't go much farther than I did the day before. I actually pushed hard and we were making good time and had went farther that I ever thought I would have been able to. As we were near my house my friend went to turn and I told her to keep going. I ended up going 10.64 miles! I didn't think I could go that far! It's amazing what you can do when you stop saying you can't!
~Crystal

1 comment:

stacy said...

10.64 miles, WOW! And, I just have to add, 'Listen to your Mother, she's knows whats best for you' at least that's what I tell my kids!!!